Our Links site has had 22,625 views since September 2021
Updated 1st of September, 2022
Welcome back to all pupils, parents and staff of Scoil na mBuachaillí. We hope that you all enjoyed and had a healthy and safe summer break. A special welcome to our new pupils in Junior Infants and the new pupils who are entering other classes throughout the school.
A special thank you to our SNAs – Josie, Eileen, Susan, Sam, Niamh, Claire and Eilís and to Noreen and Finbarr for helping out with the preparation of the school. A special thanks to Finbarr for all the work he did throughout the school during the holidays. Thanks also to Regina Fitzmaurice and Niamh Mac Auley for all their work throughout the summer holidays. Thanks also to the Board of Management and Eoin Loughnan.
This is the 28th year of the Links.
The Links has it’s website, since last school year https://snblinks.com. The Links will be found on this site and we will be posting other news also. If you subscribe on the homepage you will be notified of all posts.
It has been a busy summer for everyone here in Scoil na mBuachaillí. The following is just some of the work that has has been done in the school:
* New signs for yards,
* 1 New 76” television screen for the Resource Room (large). All rooms have now screens in them.
* Entire school deep cleaned – thanks to Cathy and Finbarr. * Former music room converted into a Special Class room by Finbarr. Thanks to Séamus White for his assistance also.
Where is my Child’s Classroom this year?
Permission Notes – e.g. RSE, Swimming, Chess, Basketball etc
Please note the only way to join up for Chess, Basketball, Sciath na Scol etc is to tick the Permission App on Aladdin. What you find below is just pdfs of the Permission Notes.
Please click here to open the folder with all the notes below in it.
Chess Note for Learner’s Chess.
Chess Note for Player’s Chess.
Warden Permission Note.
RSE Permission Note for all classes – Juniors – Rang 6
Sciath na Scol notes for Rang 5 and Rang 6.
Swimming Note for Rang 2-3 and for Rang 1 – Rang 6.
Altar Permission Notes.
Allianz Pupil’s Personal Accident Note.
This year we are continuing with the Connect App.
Each day we put up a Principal’s Message. This is a special tab on your Aladdin App. Please ensure that you read this daily. It will only take a few seconds and you will then be up to date with all news. Please also check out our latest Links which has a lot more detail with photos, videos etc.
As you know you will be able to do many things with this app:
All messages from the school will in future be sent via the app / email. We will now only rarely send Text Messages.
You can view the school calendar – showing school closures, extra curricular activities etc.
During the school closure (lockdown) parents / teachers used the app to receive and return homework. It proved to be invaluable.
As we are a Cashless school – you can pay school fees directly via the app or via your computer. You will be able to view your child’s attendance and also send an explanation for your child’s absence via the app. If your child is going to be late, or needs to leave the school during the day, you can now notify us, in advance, using the app.
Parent / Teacher Appointment times will be given out and booked via the app.
Your child’s summer report will be sent via the app and you can view all school reports from 2014/2015.
We have phased out sending out notes to get permission for various activities – going on School Tours, Orienteering etc as there is a Permission facility on the app also. This is now the only way to give permission for different activities.
Parents will now use the permission facility on the app to declare that you have read the Links, rather than signing it and returning it to the school.
The following “notes” will / have been sent home via the Permission App on Aladdin.
Please tick that you have read the note and give permission for the following:
(Please note – they have to be done individually).
Pupil Personal Accident form
RSE Form (Relationships and Sexuality Education)
Sciath na Scol
Not all forms are for all classes. You will know it’s for you if you receive it on your app. For example: Chess is only relevant to Rang 4, Rang 5 and Rang 6.
School Fees 2022/2023
|Dear Parents, please find the list of fees for the coming year.|
Music enrolment is only by the App again this year.
Guitar Rental: we are changing the guitar rental scheme this year as new instruments will have to be purchased. The new fee is non refundable but is reduced to €25 instead of €50.
Closing date for all fees please is Friday 30th of September 2022 (except for Milk and Swimming which are due on their due dates).
If you are worried about any of the fees below – please don’t worry!
Contact Barth Harrington on 023 8834487 to discuss the matter.
|Art and Craft (all classes) (€12) + Drama (€2): €14.00|
Christmas Magazine 2022/2023: €5.00 (all classes)
Elocution (all classes): €8.50
French Lessons Term 1 (Rang 2 – Rang 6): €8.00
French Lessons Term 2 (Rang 2 – Rang 6): €8.00
Photocopying & Printing (all classes): €20.00
Rental Scheme (Rang 1 – Rang 6): €30.00
Swimming (Rang 1 – Rang 6): €49.00
Zumba dancing (Special classes, Junior Infants – Rang 2/3): €6.00
Allianz Pupil Personal Accident Insurance- School hours only: €6.00
Allianz Pupil Personal Accident Insurance- 24 hours: €9.00
Milk Term 1 | September – Christmas 2022 (All Classes): €?
Milk Term 2 | January – Easter 2023 (All Classes): €?
Milk Term 3 | April – June 2023 (All Classes) | €?
|Music Lessons (Optional)|
Music enrolment for 2022 /2023 Term 1 (these lessons are optional) Please note: your child can only study 2 instruments maximum.
Cajon Lessons with Laurie Hedger (Rang 1 – Rang 6) €20
Drum Lessons with Laurie Hedger (Rang 3 – Rang 6): €40
Brass Instruments with Adrian Hanley (the instrument will be supplied to the child) (Rang 3 – Rang 6): €150
Kay O’Flynn: Guitar (Rang 2 – Rang 6): €84
Kay O’Flynn: Keyboard (Rang 2 – Rang 6): €84
Kay O’Flynn: Tin Whistle (Senior Infants – Rang 6): €84
Kay O’Flynn: Accordion (Individual lessons): (Rang 2 – Rang 6): €110
Following the surveys we conducted in 2019 with regard to music in our school,
the Parent’s Association and the B.O.M. have put aside money for parents who may find the cost of the Music Lessons prohibitive. Please contact Barth Harrington about this on 023 8834487.
Also money is available to purchase instruments which can be loaned to children. Many thanks to the P.A. and B.O.M. for this. We purchased 12 guitars for the scheme. These guitars are excellent and will have to be cared for by the boys.
Dear Parent/Guardian, This year again we are using Aladdin ePayment system for parents/guardians of children in our school.
Our school uses the Aladdin software service for administrative purposes and the ePayment system will give you access from an internet browser on your computer, phone or tablet to make secure payments to the school using your credit or debit card.
The purpose of the ePayment system is to facilitate the easier payment of school money collections for parent/guardians and to eliminate the use of cash and cheques in our school in line with recent central bank directives. Aladdin uses state of the art security to safeguard information entered by you and the school and data is stored and processed in strict compliance with Irish data protection laws.
Going forward, when money is due for any school activity that is relevant to your children, you will receive a text/email/noticeboard message containing your payment access link. The item will also show up on your App on your phone/ tablet/ computer.
Please do not forward this text/email or share this access link as this link is unique for your family only. The link will bring you to a parent payment page which will contain all payments requested for all siblings in a family. There is only one link per family ensuring you have the option to pay all amounts due for all your children in one transaction.
Once you have completed your payment, you will be issued with a reference number. You will also receive an email receipt which will contain details of the transaction and reference number. Please quote this reference number in any queries you may have as regards this payment with the school.
We hope that you will find the Aladdin ePayments facility useful and that it is a very successful system for all. The secretary or myself will welcome any feedback or questions you may have. Barth Harrington / Noreen Collins.
Booklists for 2022/2023
Click here to download Booklists for 2022/2023.
Click here to view 2022/2023 soccer teams
Dates for your Diary
- 1st of September 2022: school starts.
- Music – enrolling for this school year i.e. Kay O’Flynn (guitar, tin whistle, keyboard etc), Adrian Hanly (brass instruments) and Laurie Hedger (drums) is only being done by the Aladdin App. This has been available since July. Please visit the School Website or click here if you would like to check which instruments are suitable for which classes.
- 9th of September: Swimming starts for Rang 2/3
- 1st of October: online enrolment starts for 2023/2024.
- 17th of October: school closed for teacher inservice.
- Parent’s Meetings: Information Meetings for parents in October. It’s possible that these may be done via Zoom or in person. More details later.
- The AGM of the Parent’s Association will be held in October. As above: Details later. At this meeting we will be choosing a mother and father to be members of the Board of Management for the next 4 years.
- October 31st – 4th of November: Mid term break.
- November 17th: Parent / Teacher meetings.
- December 21st: The children get their Christmas Holidays @ 12.00 p.m.
- December 22nd – January 4th: Christmas holidays
- 5th of January 2023: Back to school after Christmas.
- 1st of February 2023: Enrolment / Open Day in SnB. Places are offered to children for 2023/2024.
- 6th of February 2023: School closed, Bank Holiday.
- 15th of February 2023: Final date for accepting a place in SnB for 2023/2024.
- 16th & 17th of February 2023: School closed, mid term break.
- 17th of March 2023: School closed, St. Patrick’s Day.
- 31st of March 2023: The children get their Easter Holidays @ 12.00 p.m.
- 3rd – 14th of April 2023: Easter Holidays.
- 1st of May 2023: School closed, Bank Holiday.
- 15th of May 2023: School closed, holiday.
- 5th & 6th of June 2023: School closed.
- 21st and 22nd of June 2023: Proposed dates for Scoilavision 2023.
- Sixth class party: to be decided
- 28th of June 2023: The children get their Summer Holidays @ 12.00 p.m.
Singer, David Keenan, visits SnB, during Summer School
Thanks to all the teachers and SNAs who ran a very successful Summer School again this year. Mrs. Eileen Breen, Ms. Caoimhe Hennessy, Mr. Paul Carmody and Ms. Rachel Hodnett, Ms. Isobel McCarthy, Ms. Eilis McSweeney, Ruth O’Regan, Ms. Margaret Roberts and Ms. Maeve O’Mahony.