Table of Contents
Our Links site has had 60,473 views since September 2021
Dates for your Diary
- The AGM of the Parent’s Association will be held on November 29th @ 7.30 p.m..
At this meeting we will be choosing a mother and father to be members of the Board of Management for the next 4 years. Please attend.
- November 16th: Parent / Teacher meetings day, but they will be held throughout November in reality.
- 8th of December: Swimming starts for Rang 2 and Rang 4. Finishes on the 2nd of February 2024.
- * Christmas Concerts for Juniors, Seniors A and B and Ms. Galvin’s: Date: Tuesday 12th of December | Times: All Seniors: 9.30 a.m. || Juniors: 10.00 a.m. || Rang 7: 10.30 a.m. Venue: School Hall.
- Christmas Carol Service in Emmet Square: Thursday 14th of December @ 7.00 p.m. Rang 1- Rang 6
- Singing in Bushmount for Christmas: 18th of December @ 11.30 a.m.
- Singing in Clonakilty Hospital for Christmas: 19th of December @ 11.30 a.m. TBC
- Singing in Clonakilty Care Choice Nursing Home on the 20th of December @ 11.30 a.m.
- Clonakilty GAA Mass: TBC
- December 22nd: The children get their Christmas Holidays @ 12.00 p.m.
- December 23rd – January 7th: Christmas holidays
- 8th of January 2024: Back to school after Christmas.
- 5th of February 2024: School closed, Bank Holiday.
- 7th of February 2024: Enrolment / Open Day in SnB. Places are offered to children for 2024/2025.
- 9th of February 2024: Swimming starts for half Rang 6 and all Rang 5/6. Finishes on 12th of April 2024.
- 15th & 16th of February 2024: School closed, mid term break.
- 21st of February 2024: Final date for accepting a place in SnB for 2024/2025.
- 18th of March 2024: School closed, St. Patrick’s Day.
- 22nd of March 2024: The children get their Easter Holidays @ 12.00 p.m.
- 23rd of March – 7th of April 2023: Easter Holidays.
- Back to school after Easter Holidays: 8th of April, 2024
- 19th of April 2024: Swimming starts for Rang 1 and the second half of Rang 6. Finishes on 24th of May.
- 6th of May 2024: School closed, Bank Holiday.
- 7th of May 2024: School closed.
- Saturday 18th of May, 2024 @ 11.00 a.m.: First Holy Communion: Saturday 18th of May, 2024 @ 11.00 a.m. in the Parish Church
- 3rd of June 2024: School closed, Bank Holiday.
- 4th of June 2024: School closed.
- 27th of June 2024: Sixth class party
- 27th of June 2024: The children get their Summer Holidays @ 12.00 p.m.
- 28th of June 2024: Summer school starts.
Enrolment starts on 1st of October for 2024/2025
Enrolment starts on the 1st of October for 2024/2025. Please click here to view all information about the enrolment process and click the link to complete the online form to request an Enrolment form.
6th Class Podcasting in the Music Room
First Class Snb Visit First Class at St. Joesph’s
The Boys from First Class enjoyed a visit to meet 1st Class at St Joesph’s , great fun was had with a class Quiz and a Performace by Our Boys in First Class Snb!
4th Class FAI Soccer Blitz in Carrigaline
6th Class Trip to UCC
First Class Visit Dr. Sean Murray and All The Staff At – Clonakilty Medical Clinic:
Today first class went to Visit Dr. Sean Murray and all the staff at Clonakilty Medical Clinic. First class were shown all the different rooms , Dr Murray explained all the important jobs that are done at the clinic to help all the people in Clonakilty. Thank you to all the Staff at the Clinic and to Hugo O’ Keffee for organising the visit! What a Wonderful experience!
Sail cars in Fourth class
Fourth class made sail cars and some were made out of lego and other materials. Some were made of boxes of cardboard and tape to keep stuff together and cocktail sticks were used to keep the wheels together and the sail was made out of paper. On the first day we started making our sail cars it was so fun doing it we got to have fun while making them.
On Friday we started the races and some groups had really good cars. Some were fast and some were slow but they still worked. One group got 142 cm with their car as they had a built in drone! The next group got 129 cm. Their car was made of lego. They had a small car. Third place got 110 cm they made theirs out of cardboard.
By Aaron and Jack
Senior Infants B & 4th class in Bushmount
Senior Infants B & 4th class have gone for a few walks together. Here are some photos of them in Bushmount
Science Week in Rang 3
We had great entertainment in 3rd Class on Wednesday evening where the boys took part in creating their very own Rocket Launch for Science Week. The boys worked very well in their groups to set up the experiment which consisted of getting a piece of string through a straw before strapping the balloon onto the straw and getting ready for take off! The boys had great fun and enjoyed their afternoon.
Science Week in 4th/5th
Science Week in 2nd Class
We had a great time on Wednesday afternoon in 2nd class where we completed three different experiments for Science Week. Firstly, we did the ‘Baking Soda Ballon’ where we mixed vinegar and baking soda in a bottle causing the balloon to inflate! We then looked at an experiment called ‘Magic Milk’. We mixed milk and food colouring to start with and then poured dish soap over the top. This caused the coloured milk to spread out creating wonderful patterns. The last experiment we did was a lava lamp. We had so much fun testing out all of these experiments and the boys really enjoyed it!
Rang 2 have been busy learning all about Italy. To enhance their learning experience, they made a traditional Italian dessert helped by rang 7.
The orange polenta cake was an all round winner.
Orienteering in Doneraile by Finbarr O’Mahony and Ewan Bell
On the 16th of November 2023, 5th and 6th along with our teachers went to Doneraile to take part in an orienteering competition. We started off with a 2-hour bus journey to Doneraile so we had to come to school early at 8:20am.
When we arrived, we got out of the bus, and got our maps, SI Cards and poly-pockets. Next, we lined up and got ready for the course. Conor Moore, Matthew O’Regan, and Niall Harrington were the first three to run the course. They all went to the wrong checkpoint and warned us about going the wrong way. On the course there were 8 checkpoints, 9 including the finish. The course was 2.8km long. There were 81 competitiors in 5th running and 255 from 6th. There was a bog in-between checkpoint 7 and 8. Number 1 through 5 were all in a field, from number 5 to 6 there was a long steep road. Next to the road there was a field filled with deer. From 6 to 7 there was a bridge you had to cross to get to 7. From 7 to 8 we got stuck finding the checkpoint for quite a while so we asked someone for help and they told us roughly the direction to 8. Finally, we had a 110m sprint to the end. When we were finished, we sat down on a bench and ate our lunch before we left. When it was time to leave, we tidied up and got on the bus back to Clonakilty. It felt longer on the way back. We finally arrived in Clonakilty at 20 to 3. Before we left school the results were up. Here are the top 5 from each class starting with 5th class; 1st Finbarr O’Mahony 2nd Liam Ahern 3rd Danny Forristal 4th Cian Afonso and 5th Ewan Bell. Now for 6th class; 6th John Mc Carthy 7th Max Wade 10th Cillian Whooley 13th Pearse Nolan and 14th Aidan Whooley.
Overall, the school had a successful day and we think all the competitors had an amazing day in Doneraile. Our next event will be the Cork Championship in February or March.
Thank you to Noreeen who organised the buses for us. They were very comfy!
Rang 1 visit Blackpudding Factory
Christmas Shoebox Collection
Gentleman, PenMan, Gaeilgeoir, Lift Off Boy | November 2023
€760 raised for the Mercy Hospital
€760 was raised for the Mercy Hospital Heroes initiative recently at the Hallowe’en Fancy Dress Parade. Many thanks to everyone who supported.
4th Class History Projects – Celts
Sarah Lowney has been with us for the last few weeks as part of her teaching practice. She finished up today, Friday. The boys made Rice Krispie buns as a thank you to Ms. Lowney. We wish her all the best in the years ahead. Thank you Ms. Lowney.
Rubix Cube Competition
Top so far
Conor McCarthy 34 seconds
Maroof Ali 39 seconds
Louis Kitagwa 48 seconds
Lovro Kordic 53 seconds
Ruari Harrison 58 seconds
Evan Lawless 66 seconds
JJ O’Donnell 71 seconds
1st Class -Woodland Warriors For The Day
The 1st Class boys had an amazing day in Castlefreke Woods , constructing dens , treking through the wood walks and lots of muddy fun in the great outdoors!
Juniors plant bulbs with Susan
The Junior Infant boys were very busy planting bulbs with Susan recently. We are looking forward to seeing them grow in the Spring. While Susan was helping the boys planting, some fifth class boys very kindly played maths games while the boys waited for their turn. Well done everyone!
Juniors visit the Library for Hallowe’en
Hallowe’en Games in Rang 2
Hallowe’en 2023 Parade
Halloween Prizes 2023
Marie Forristal (Inf) Noah Dowling and Adam Strot.
Therese Crowley (Seniors Inf) Fillip Marek
Michelle O’Neill (Sen Inf) Donnacha Lynch and Yuri Barsocchi De Meneres Braatz Mathias
Karen/Kathyrn (1st) Malachy Lordan and Daniel Malone
Rebecca (2nd) Sam Alfonso and Giorgi Shoshiashvili
Laura ( 2nd/3rd) Rory Harrison and Alex O’Sullivan
Ciaran (3rd) Luca O’Callaghan and Max Marek
Marie Hayes (4th) Aaron Nash, Sean Kennedy and Logan Farrell Kelliher
Carol Ann (4th/5th) Ciaran Dinneen and Finbarr O’Mahony
Sean (5th/6th) Cian Alfonso and Max Wade
Niamh (6th) Maroof Ali, Aran Cronin and Leon O’Callaghan